This course will be particularly valuable to members in industry and to practitioners who have or advise on retirement planning. Topics covered are:
• market history and retirement,
• common myths and pitfalls in retirement planning
• the impact of luck on retirement math
• contributors of luck factor: sequence of returns, inflation, reverse-dollar-cost-averaging
• the impact of asset allocation strategies, withdrawal strategies
• math of loss, time to recover
• optimum asset allocation
• purpose-driven sustainable withdrawal rates and stress test
• the zone strategy
• how much income is enough, how do you determine if savings are insufficient, sufficient or abundant
• income from other sources, such as CPP, OAS, SPP, annuities
• epilogue: five-year checkup
The course covers everything you need to know about math of retirement income. After completing this course, you will have a better understanding of retirement concerns and the proper tools necessary to plan for retirement.
- No advanced preparation is required.